In England From 01/10/21 the notice period for the repossession of a property has returned to the pre-pandemic length below:
– Section 21 notice – 2 months.
– Section 8 notice – grounds: 1,2,5,6,7,9,16 – 2 months.
– Section 8 notice – grounds 7a – 1 month.
– Section 8 notice – grounds 3,4,7b,8,10,11,12,13,14a,15,17 – 2 weeks.
– Section 8 notice – grounds 14 is immediately after the notice is served.
If for any reason the pandemic deteriorates, the government retains the power to extend the periods again until March 2022.
Despite restrictions that are due to be lifted at the end of the month, the government has passed new legislation which restricts a petition being issued. This restriction relates to outstanding rent or bills under a business lease until March 2022.
If you require additional information regarding notice periods, please do not hesitate to contact the experts or visit our head office for a one to one with a member of our team:
170 Elland Road,
0113 222 4537